A: Check out our before/after audio player beneath our homepage.
Help, I Need Somebody!
Have you more questions? Ask us.
Q: Where can I hear some of LA Music Mixing’s work?
Q: How do I get started with your music mixing service?
A: It’s easy and starts with you sharing with us the details of your project. We will present you with several options and specific choices. Then yours is a simple 1-2-3-step process:
- Select the custom-tailored mixing package you feel is right for you and your music; i.e., Standard, Modern-Analog, or Vintage Pro+.
- Confirm your artist/stage name, project title and description, and your desired number of revisions and turnaround time.
- Upload your audio files along with your deposit.
Our team will review your files and, if everything is in order, we will prepare a mix of your music for you to review. Once we have your revisions, approval and final payment, we will send you a completed, professional, radio-ready stereo mix of your music.
Q: How many revisions can I request?
A: We offer two revisions with each mixing package, but if you prefer to make many revisions to reach your desired result, choose the ‘unlimited revisions’ option.
Q: What if my vocals sound pitchy or a little off-beat?
A: Performance counts in large amounts! There are times when the emotional impact of a performance matters more than whether a particular part is a little out-of-tune or off-beat. As technology lets us discreetly and precisely fix such issues, we offer various pitch- and time-correction options as part of our mixing packages. (Don’t worry, we won’t make you sound like Cher or T-Pain…unless you want us to!)
Q: What is your typical turnaround time for mixing a song?
A: We will provide you with a first mix of your song approximately 5–7 business days after we receive and verify your files. Revisions and multiple songs, as well as correction work, will take a little more time, which we will discuss with you directly. Please select our 48-hour rush service at checkout if you are in a hurry and need your song completed sooner. This service guarantees a 48-hour turnaround time.
Q: How should I prepare my tracks for LA Music Mixing?
A: Please prep your tracks as follows:
- Disable any eq, compression, delay, reverb, or other fx/plugins.
- Export your tracks separately as mono or stereo .wav files.
- Name each track for the instrument it represents; e.g., vox-lead.wav, vox-bkgd01.wav, vox-bkgd02.wav, gtr-acou.wav, piano.wav, snare.wav, dialogue.wav, foley.wav, etc.
- Put all exported .wav files, including your original demo mix (if you have one), any reference tracks, and mix notes into a song folder with the filename convention: Artist-Name_Song-Title_BPM
- Using the ZIP archive file format, compress your song folder as a .zip file; e.g., Taylor-Swift_Anti-Hero_97bpm.zip
Q: What is your copyright and confidentiality policy?
A: Simple: we respect your copyright and provide 100% confidentiality per your project.
Q: Love it, or my money back?
A: Choosing a service with which you are unfamiliar can be stressful, especially in a world where everyone claims to be the best (but often isn’t). Our ‘love it or your money back’ guarantee helps alleviate that stress for you. Does that mean we want to work for free? No. We believe that anything worth doing is worth doing well, and ‘good enough’ never is. That’s why we’ll work closely with you to deliver results with which you’ll be happy. It is important to note, however, that we will not be exploited. You are expected to communicate with us consistently and provide clear, concise feedback within a reasonable time frame. Our guarantee does not apply to projects where the client is not ‘in the mix’ with us—teamwork makes the dream work!
Q: Do I need to credit you for mixing my music?
A: Yes, thank you, we appreciate receiving credit for our work. Please include our standard credit acknowledgement in your liner notes and website; i.e., Mixed by LA Music Mixing in Los Angeles.
Ask Us a Question
Take the LA Music Mixing® Challenge
Love it! Or your money back.
We invite you to give us a try. We’re sure you’ll love our work. If you don’t, you will get double your money back. It’s that simple.Let's Get It Started!